Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The day I forgot my anniversary

It's supposed to be a guy thing to forget your anniversary, but it's not. Apparently, an overworked, tired mom who is super-focused on cooking Thanksgiving dinner is quite capable of forgetting her own anniverary. My mother-in-law called me today to wish me a happy anniversary, but somehow I still had it in my head that tomorrow is the 26th.

Nope. It's today.

So my sweet husband comes home from work early with a card and a beautiful necklace and wishes me a happy annniversary. All I had to offer was a big hug, an 'I thought tomorrow was the 26th' and a cranky toddler. Nice.

At least I know how long I've been married. Eleven years. It seems like an eternity and a blink of an eye all at the same time. But in future years, I will write my anniversary on my calendar and not assume that I would remember such an important day. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Kate said...

But Stacey, you totally have an excuse for forgetting the date . . . preggo brain! ;)
Happy 11th Anniversary! :)

runningmom said...

Too funny!

Happy 11th Anniversary!!

Erica said...

I can't believe it's been 11 years already! Happy Anniversary (I'm a bit late)