Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A decade old!

Michael: "Hey, Andrew. You're a decade old!"

Ten years ago today, my first child was born. He was born in the middle of the night and kindly held off so that his grandparents could make the trek from Wyoming and still make it with time to spare. What a thoughful child! I was in labor for about fourteen hours. Andrew weighed in at a whopping 9lbs 5oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. He arrived exactly two weeks before his due date and I spent my days in the hospital trying to convince the staff that I wasn't lying about that because he was so big!

Andrew is a great kid. He loves football and he loves to read. He is so stinkin' smart, and I'm not just saying that!! Although I am just a teeny bit biased! I checked him out of school early today and he came walking out with a red smiley face sticker stuck to the middle of his forehead! He can be so much fun. And when he smiles, it just melts my heart.

A few days ago, I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he gave me a paper that contained the following information:

0. Present before school
1. Get home from school 3:30
2. Movie theatre 4:00
3. Eat upstairs 6:00
3. or the Mayan
4. Go in the attic 7:00 (He's been bugging me about this for a while. I keep telling him there's nothing up there but insulation. I may have to let him go, just so he'll quit bugging me!)
5. Toilet paper contest 7:30 (Apparently, this consists of wrapping oneself in toilet paper and trying to move.)
6. Streamer maze 8:00
7. Get to end of maze and eat Ice cream sundaes 8:15
8. PRESENTS 8:30
9. Sleep outside!! Start 9:00

He has a very specific idea of how this day should go and it just makes me laugh! So we'll probably do most of it! Why not? I'll take pictures of the events and post those later! Happy decade, my son!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Happy birthday to your oldest! I love his list,that made me giggle. :)