Monday, March 16, 2009

Lack of blogging due to illness

I thought I was in the clear since it was March and we'd avoided any major illness this winter. Boy was I wrong! We've spent the last week hacking, coughing, wheezing, ear-pulling and otherwise lost in the throes of mucus. That's right. I said mucus. Ewwww! Odessa kicked it off with fevers reaching 103.5, coughing and ear-pulling. And I learned to ALWAYS trust my mother's intuition and not the moron doctor at the insta-care. She ended up with an ear infection and bronchiolitis which was treated with antibiotics and albuterol. It was fun. (Sense much facetiousness here.)

Then, of course, I am not allowed to get off scotch free, so I've had a ridiculous cold to deal with. As well as several snotty children, though none of them got nearly as sick as Miss Odessa. Thank heavens for small miracles. Though I've learned not to count my chickens before they hatch, so I'm still expecting at least another ear infection or something from someone. The verdict is still out. But I think overall, we are on the mend. I am determined to resume my gym-going habit this week, despite the fact that I can't breathe. So hopefully, my children will provide more interesting topics to blog about than mucus!

No comments: