Monday, June 16, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words!







It was a good day. Andrew was born 9 years ago, weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 5oz and 21 1/2 inches long. It was a long labor, but it allowed my parents to drive to Utah from Wyoming to be there for the birth of their first grandchild. That was a good day too. He got a scooter thingy called a powerwing and a giant bag of starbursts from his parents. I'm sure he'll be on a sugar high for a month! We went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner(Yay for outgrowing Chucke Cheese!), and went to a 3D movie about prehistoric fish. And as you can tell we spent the afternoon at a water park. It was a really good day.

As I was sitting on my front porch, watching the sunset and my children playing happily in the yard, I thought, this is what happiness is. For all the chaos and all the moments that I'm ready to sell the children on the corner, those moments when time stands still and happiness is abundant, that's what I
live for. Ironically, amidst my sentiment, I had to go threaten the girls with their lives if they didn't go to sleep! Such is life!

No comments: