Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shhhh

It's the quiet before the storm. The children are all still sleeping, or at least not downstairs for breakfast yet. It's a good thing they sleep. They are so cute and peaceful. It almost makes you forget how busy they are when they are awake. Sometimes I forget what quiet is really like. It's so peaceful. Not that children aren't peaceful. They are just, well, children. Noisy, busy, happy and sad all at once.

I think they are stirring. It's like when the wind is blowing and you know a storm is coming in. And you know it's going to be a big one. That is what five, small, waking children are like on a Sunday morning. I always hurry to get ready before the children wake on Sunday so that I have time to get them all ready once they are awake. Today I got lucky and ended up with a few minutes for myself. And it's so quiet. I know that soon, I will have to wake them up so we aren't late. But these few minutes of quiet have been much needed by mom! I'm off to the eye of the storm!

No comments: