Friday, July 25, 2008

The great return!

For my readers who noticed my absence...we have returned from our brief, but exhausting sabatical to Guatamala. I will post some pictures and some stories, but it may take me a few days. Not that I expected otherwise, but life doesn't slow down or stop just because I went on vacation. So I was hurled back into motherhood yesterday and it may take me a few weeks (months, years) to recover.

I came home to a household of happy, busy children and I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. And yesterday, Miss Odessa turned one! We had a grand time birthday shopping and she ate the obligitory birthday cupcake and smeared chocolate frosting all over, just as is required by a first birthday! I pulled Lillie's tooth shortly after our return, so now she and Michael match. The children wanted to make sure that Mom still had the same rules as before, so they spent the afternoon testing boundaries. And so I return to the joys of motherhood, which, as most of you know, are many!

No comments: