Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mommy, I will miss you.

Katherine often tells me she will miss me when I tuck her in at night. But last night she made both her father and I cry because we are leaving today and won't see them for over a week. It's amazing how you can look forward to something so much and be so sad at the same time. I know in my heart they will be fine, but when you spend so much time with these amazing little people, it's kind of hard to leave.

Michael, in his formal way this morning said, "Mom, today you leave on your trip. Are you excited?" The kids are so sweet sometimes.

Of course, as Murphy would have it, Katherine has pink eye and the baby is running a slight fever. The kids just like to make it as hard as possible for mom to leave them.

My hope for the next week is that they don't come down with any diseases, they don't kill one another, they don't tie up the sitter and leave her in the basement, and they miss us as much as I will miss them. So Katherine, I will miss you too!

No comments: