Thursday, January 10, 2008

Night time wanderings

One of the many joys of motherhood, is being woken in the middle of the night. Having an infant right now, I expect to be woken up at least twice a night. I go to bed with the realization that more likely than not, I will see at least one child in the middle of the night. This week, I've had some excitement. The night before last, Odessa thought that it was more fun to be awake in the night than asleep. And so yesterday, I was part zombie! Last night, Odessa woke for her usual feeding, Lillie had a bad dream, and Michael "felt sick".

I think the worst is when they tag team you. I've had nights when, as soon as I get one back to bed, another is up and needing something. I think they plan this to see how little sleep mom can really survive on! It's a test! And many times, I fail. Because when I don't get sleep, I'm not a very nice mommy! Luckily, they don't test me too often. Just often enough to remind me that I have five small children!!

No comments: