Thursday, May 8, 2008

If you want a cold lunch...

Yup, you guessed it, you are going to have to make it yourself! I go to all the effort of writing you a check once a month so you can eat at school. So if you want a cold lunch because you don't like what they serve, then you have to do it yourself. And you have to do it the night before because there's not enough time in the morning. What kind of mother am I anyway?

I am the kind of mother that doesn't cook breakfast and won't pack my own kids lunch. Of course there's some advantage to this as a child. For one, they get to eat all the cold cereal their little hearts desire, and two, if I don't get around to checking what they put in their cold lunch, then they can take all kinds of crap to school to eat. Life doesn't get much better than that. Does it? I'd like to think that by doing these things, or rather not doing these things, I am inspiring great independence. Of course, twenty years from now Lillie will probably tell me I ruined her childhood by making her make her own cold lunch. C'est la vie! (I'm realizing I probably spelled that wrong.)

The moral of the story is: if you want a hot breakfast or a cold lunch, do it yourself! This mama is not a maid to order cook! But I will make you dinner, almost every night!

No comments: