Sunday, May 11, 2008

Update on 'THE SONG'

The song was sung, or rather not sung, by many children, while beaming mothers looked on. Of my own crew, Michael sang his little heart out, I could see Lillie's eyeball, but I have no idea whether or not she sang and I think I caught a glimpse of Andrew. And yes, as predicted, I have that stupid song stuck in my head. But the children had the same response to the mother baking bread all day line as I do. They seemed to have forgotten a few words after that line. It takes a bit to recover from that one!

To my children's credit (much as I love my dear husband, Mother's Day has never been his forte) I got roses, bubble bath, many homemade cards and a steak dinner. All requested (except the roses) by me and remembered by my eldest who made sure Dad took him out to get the required items right before bed last night. I learned from their various messages that they all love me because I clean, make them food and drive them around. Glad I can help! The one that got me was on Andrew's fill in the blank card he made at school. It said "I love to hear my Mom sing----- " . He filled in Matchbox twenty. He knows his mother well!! The Jazz won, and we will watch the Survivor finale after the kids go to bed. This mom declares a successful Mother's Day indeed!

No comments: