Friday, May 30, 2008

Dora, Diego, Wonder Pets etc.

This is the crew that we start the morning off with. They are highly annoying to adults, but highly entertaining to small children. If you don't have children, I'm sure you wonder why anyone would let their children watch such obnoxious television. I'm here to tell you that you do many things in parenting for the sake of your sanity. And Dora has saved me many times. But I do have to draw the line somewhere. And that line is drawn at the Yo Gabba Weirdos, as I have lovingly dubbed them. The show is actually called Yo Gabba Gabba, but the first time I saw it I knew Yo Gabba Weirdos was much more appropriate. It's just plain weird. It's worse than Barney. But I don't sit in judgement on any parent willing to let their kids watch the Yo Gabba Weirdos. Like I said, there are things we do in the name of sanity. But I pity the parent that sits through that show, even if it's on just in the background. The Wonder Pets, bless their obnoxious little hearts, are even better than the Yo Gabba Weirdos.

There's another new Dora-esque show that's on. I think the chinese were feeling bad that American kids were learning spanish. I call it the chinese Dora. It's not the same format, but the same idea. Teach kids chinese words through a cute kid show. I don't mind it, and who knows, maybe my children will become wonderfully versatile in foreign languages. It's still better than the Yo Gabba Weirdos!

No comments: