Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Big Slobbery Kisses

O is at the age when you can tell her to do silly things and she will willingly do them. For example, I can tell her to go kiss her brother and she will run off and do it.

Two nights ago, the kids were running through the house creating their usual chaos. I was sitting on the floor with the baby when A started standing on his head. O came and plopped herself down next to me. I leaned over and whispered in her ear.

"Go poke your brother in the belly button."

She grinned and took off. But instead of poking him in the belly button, she leaned down and kissed him, then took off running. A fell over and I started giggling.

"Mom, what did you tell her to do that for?" I laughed because that's not what I told her to do.

M was beside himself, giggling on the floor. O comes over to me and sticks her ear next to my face for another 'secret'. This time I told her to go kiss him. A was on his head again and O poked his belly button, turned and grinned at me.

Over the course of the next few minutes, O gave both her brothers kisses, which were met with much protesting and ewww's. I finally determined that both boys needed big slobbery kisses from their mother. M was easy to hold down and with the assistance of his big brother, I successfully delivered a big slobbery kiss. A knew it was his turn next and tried to take off. But amidst giggles, he fell to the floor. I thought I had him. That was until his very long legs kicked out and got me squarely in the nose.

Boy did that hurt. He was very concerned and came to make sure I was ok. After I recovered, I made sure he got extra slobbery kisses to make up for my injury.

They were all sufficiently wiped off afterwards. He is ten, after all.


No comments: