Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who's the Mom Here?!?

"Me, or all of you?"

"But MOM! She spit out ALL of her CANDY!" M declared loudly.

It seems that there's an overabundance of Mothers in our little home. You'd think one would be enough. Apparently not.

I remember being so aggravated with my own mother when she would declare to me that she WAS in fact the Mom. And now it's my turn to declare the same thing to my own children.

The children seem overly concerned that justice be doled out evenly amongst all of the siblings. They leave me no wiggle room, no chance to ignore a behavior if I'm just not in the mood. I am constantly telling them that yes I know Odessa is snitching chips, AGAIN. I am not unaware, I am just choosing my battles.

It doesn't help that the main offender at this moment in time is two and very mischievous.

"Moooom! O hit me!"

"Mooom! O is eating candy."

"Mooom! O stinks!"

Aside from being little informants I hear myself being repeated.

"K, get your fingers out of your mouth."

"A, you better not do that or you are going to get in TROUBLE."

I think the only cure is for them to grow up and produce little mothers of their own.

But seriously, who's the Mom here?

5 comments:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Like the saying goes...what goes around comes around. OR something like that!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm afraid when there's more than one choosing your battles becomes a little stickier. The other will complain that it "not fair!"

Brianne said...

I have an award for you!

bullfrogranch said...

You are right. You are the mom. When my kids complain I tell them that life is not fair and that anyone who tells you different is trying to sell you something. You can make it through this.:)