Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Post-Baby Hair Loss Program

Hello family and friends! Welcome to the Post-Baby Hair Loss Program. In this program you will learn how to lose as much hair as possible after having your precious baby. I have learned through years of experience that the hair loss is inevitable for most women and must be embraced. Embrace your clogged drains and plugged up vacuums. For the next six months to a year, this will be your life. For most, normal hair loss will eventually resume.

I have been a member of the Post-Baby Hair Loss Program for almost seven months this time around. It seems to have gotten worse this time and I am very much all done. When I was younger, I always felt bad when I saw a woman with super thin hair. Now I am afraid that may be me. I may need some Rogain. Sign me up!

When I was in college, I got super grossed out by roommates who shed ridiculous amounts of hair, but wouldn't clean out the drains. I couldn't stand taking a shower when the water wouldn't drain, so I was the roommate who cleaned out the drains. It's not any less gross when it's all your own hair and I find myself once again cleaning out drains because of excessive hair.

To celebrate nearly seven months of hair loss, I decided to get a haircut to see if that would help. The verdict is still out, but if nothing else it made me feel better about myself. And I got rid of the kids for forty-five minutes.

There are many many things to celebrate with the birth of a new baby. Apparently, hair loss is one of them. So join me in celebration! We may not be shedding pounds, but we are all shedding hair!

5 comments:

Jen said...

My application is in for December 10. My hair just recovered from the last baby, too.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it the worst?!

So much hair fell out, that it would wind around Sarah's little sweaty toes. One actually wrapped so tight, it cut her toe and I couldn't get it off.

I felt awful. My husband wanted me to shave my head. Our Pediatrician said to buy Nair so I could soak her toes in it!

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

I know exactly what you mean! My baby is almost nine months old and my hair loss is *just* now starting to slow down! It wasn't so bad with my first but after my second it's been awful!

Cheryl Martinson said...

LOL, I could have made a few wigs with the amount of hair that I lost. I remember waking up in the morning and my pillow would be full of hair. It was terrible. I seriously thought I was going to go bald. I used to have to pull out the hair before a shower because clumps would fall out. It was just not natural. I don't know what was worse, losing the hair, or having to grow it back. I looked like a porcupine. Is that how you spell that?

ZenMom said...

This happened to me too. And after my first, my once curly hair all of a sudden turned straight. Aren't hormones great?