Friday, March 14, 2008

Fabulous Friday

There's something about Friday that makes the day doable. It's the end of the work/school week and there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It's the day that my five year old looks forward to all week because the kids have 'early out' which means they get home at 1:30. (I wish I had early out when I was a kid!) He's always excited when I tell him it's Friday and he waits impatiently for the kids to come home. The other night, Dad was home a little earlier than usual and Michael asked him if he had 'early out' from work. It was a good chuckle for everyone! I wish Dad had more 'early out' days.

Friday is also often date night. I get to ditch the kids and enjoy my spouse. And I don't have to cook dinner. That's always a treat! Although date night for us is usually dinner out and then either Barnes and Noble or Costco. The excitement of married life! Every once in a while we do something more interesting, but often it's just wandering Costco and looking at all the fun things we would buy if we had millions of dollars. But of course you can't leave Costco for under $100 bucks. And that's just buying the boring stuff!

Enough of my rambling. Yay for Friday, yay for date night and yay for not cooking dinner! I hope your day is looking as lovely as mine!

No comments: