Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday morning cartoons

Both my little girls were up before the crack of dawn this morning. So I turned on the TV in hopes of snoozing while they watched some cartoons. I never did get to snooze, but it did make me think about cartoons I loved as a kid. I remember watching The Smurfs, the carebears, lots of Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry. I think Alvin and the Chipmunks was also a Saturday morning cartoon. Watching the smurfs as an adult makes me wonder why I loved that show so much. It's pretty stupid! The timeless ones are Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry, which my kids still watch. Those are the great ones! But I remember getting up early to watch a whole slew of cartoons. I'm sure my parents feel much like I do. Whatever, as long as I get to sleep in a little bit! (Not that it happens very often, but when they let me sleep. Ahhhh, heaven!)

We are big Spongebob fans and I think Fairly Oddparents is pretty funny. The kids like Jimmy Neutron. I could take it or leave it. It's not my favorite, but it's ok. There are new ones on now like Tak and the power of Juju and Barnyard the show, not the movie. There's a whole bunch more, but I'm of the opinion that if I have to be in the room, then the kids have to watch ones I can stand!

No comments: